LOTS OF QUESTIONS
We get it! we know it's a lot becoming a wedding planner over night. over 12+ years of business we've been asked a LOT of questions, here's a LOOOONNGGG list of Frequently asked questions for the person who likes to know everything (Like me, Sherry).
GENERAL QUESTIONS ABOUT DAVID & SHERRY & PHOTOGRAPHY
A photo is never finished until it's printed. In today's day-in-age, man I sound like my Grandma... you Youngn's...I digress, anywho, we don't print..anything, if we can help it. I think this is a mistake, we will be the generation with no physical proof we existed. We miss out on the emotions, the history and the story that come back to you when you hold a printed photo. That's what makes print special.
For me, I love that my kids can sit down with my Grandma and hear the stories, as my son Jack say "from back in the olden days" and relive those memories with her, I can visit ancestors who died before my time, I can pass down stories and memories to my grandkids (or great-grandkids) through my wedding album and other printed moments. These are the things that you run back in to a burning house for.
Because we feel so strongly about print we want you to have the perfect piece of art for your walls a daily reminder of the ones you love. We will help you hand select your handmade Italian artwork and album, we will walk you through the whole process.
I'LL TELL YOU WHAT YOU GET, WHAT YOU REALLY, REALLY GET!
DETAILED ANSWERS ABOUT WHAT'S INCLUDED WITH OUR PHOTOGRAPHY.
As a full service studio, we want to show you your beautiful images as an album so you can relive your wedding day. We also want to help you decide how you want to relive your wedding day everyday, whether walking by them hanging on your walls and/or turning the pages of your wedding album. (Sorry if you read this twice but what I wrote is too good to not repeat.)
A little personal story to explain why printing artwork enlargements and albums through our D&S STUDIO STORE is important. As all Grandma's do, mine wanted a print of our wedding portrait, so I printed one for her (this was before I was a wedding photographer), the dress came out blue-ish. I cringe every-time I think of the fact that she proudly shows that image to everybody who comes to her door and says "This is my granddaughter Sherry, she's a wedding photographer." Sure I could reprint it but she loves it. It should have been printed professionally the first time, please learn from my mistakes and let us help you to be proud of your wedding artwork and albums, even if it's hanging at Grandma's.
That being said the are your images, you have the rights to print them however you want, so if Mom want's 50 4x6's to show off her kids wedding, you can do that.
HANDCRAFTED ITALIAN ARTWORK AND ALBUMS
HEIRLOOMS, ARTWORK, PARENT ALBUMS, MEMORIES IN PRINT
- When we do your "Show and Tell" session we have already designed a preview of what we think your album should look like. Once you receive your images we encourage you to make a list of favourites in the online gallery, which we will make sure are in the album when we get to the design meeting.
- During our design meeting conducted on Zoom, we design the album together live. Meaning we can swap out images, change pages, and make image adjustments to be sure the album is perfect before ordering.
- Then we wait for the little Italian album elves to create your handcrafted album and package it up for the storks to deliver straight to to you.
I LIKE WHAT I SEE WHAT'S NEXT?
- Check if your date is available - you can text or call 778-374-4034 direct line to scheduling department. Or email through our contact page.
- Discuss pricing - Let us know what you need and we will customize a package for you.
- Consultation - Meet your newest Photogra-friends. Video chat with us from anywhere!
- Contract & Deposit - i's dotted, t's crossed, retainer retained we are yours!
- BOOKED - Have a drink because you have one less thing to worry about.
QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR PHOTOGRAPHY
- David & Sherry have been photographing weddings since 2008 and through over 300+ weddings we have a really good idea of what to capture on a wedding day which includes our own internal shots list which we capture throughout the day. Getting the most out of your wedding day coverage has much more to do with scheduling, timing and attitude and the following few points can help with the images you receive and as well optimize how smoothly your day runs.
- The schedule of your wedding day ideally should have travel time planned in between locations as well as a buffer time for groups of people to go to and from their cars, the limo or any other transportation used.
- It will always take a little bit longer to accomplish even the seemingly simplest tasks on your wedding day because everyone is excited and we don’t want you to forget anything so give yourself some grace time. If you have a large amount of family photos it would be ideal to have someone who knows the families available to locate people who may be missing from the group. It is also beneficial to let your family know beforehand where they are supposed to be for photos. You can talk to your photographer to help you plan out optimal timing and locations to do family photos.
- Have fun! Your wedding day will be fun and after all of the planning and thinking about the different parts of the wedding day for the months beforehand, trust the scheduling you have made to work itself out and allow yourself to go with the flow. The more joyful you are on the day, the better your photos will turn out because they will show your real emotion of joy.
During the creative session of a wedding day we are most often letting the light guide us. We are looking to see what is available in that location, at that time of day in order to get the best for our couple, venue and location. As such having a list of photos you want re-created may be less possible. We are there for you on your wedding day and as such will happily do what you ask of us. In our estimation you will get the best and most creative work by allowing us time to explore the area with the two of you and create unique and original imagery.
We would also encourage you to let us know of any dream photos that you have from your wedding or ideas you would like us to create or execute.
If you are looking for a more full featured wedding video, I would recommend hiring someone dedicated to video. We do have companies that we have worked with in the past and whom we would recommend. Please contact us for information.
We specialize in weddings because we love them! We love people, we love the fast paced action of the wedding day and we get emotionally involved with what is happening and can’t imagine our lives without weddings.
OUR SUITCASE IS ALREADY PACKED! (SERIOUSLY IT PROBABLY IS!IF IT EVER GOT UNPACKED ;)
- France (little known fact David speaks french)
- Mexico (David also speaks Spanish as Cabo is our second home)
- Next Up Your Adventure - We always love exploring and capturing places we haven’t yet been. The thing about photography is that it's all about light, we love discovering and chasing great light.
We'd love to document you experiencing a new adventure or document your favourite adventure anywhere in the world.
TIME AND TIME AGAIN, KEEPING YOUR DAY ON TIME IS OUR PRIORITY!
A backup indoor location for photos is also an excellent idea. We can help with this but can’t guarantee one exists or that we have the proper permits to photograph in that location in the event of bad weather.
THE TOOLS WE USE TO MAKE THE MAGIC HAPPEN!
- Nikon Mirrorless Z7 & Z6 with a Nikon D850 kicker
- Lenses - short answer every important one that Nikon makes, which includes covering the focal length from 14mm to 400mm with apertures of 1.4 to ∞. We cover the distance to create stunning images for you. If you want the nitty gritty here it is; we have a 20mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, 105mm, 24-120mm, 24-70mm, 70-200mm and a 2x Teleconverter with us at every wedding.
- We use Godox flash system and remote transmitters that help us create those beautiful Couplescapes and portraits you see sprinkled all through our portfolio. One of the things that we use are MagMod Flash Modifiers, they are what allow us to bend light, color light and to create some stunning night shots.